“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putin’s team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”
— A boast from convicted felon Felix Sater, a childhood friend of Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen and a Russian immigrant who claims to be close to Russian President Vladimir Putin. This quote comes from a November 3rd, 2015 email and was published in The New York Times last August.
Calling it now.
This guy will be named Person Of The Year. He served in the Third Marine Division in Vietnam. No bone spurs.
- In Trump’s State Of The Union speech last night, he mischaracterized the tax cut as the “biggest in history” (it’s not)
- Trump incorrectly claimed real wages are rising (they’re barely tracking inflation)
- He said that the U.S. has corrected its trade imbalance with China (it’s actually up 12% over last year)
- He claimed credit for the construction of a new Chrysler plant in Michigan (the deal was made before he was a presidential candidate, much less a president)
- He declared that the U.S. is a net energy exporter (it’s a net importer)
- He squeezed in at least two dozen additional dubious statements that can be found here at Politifact.
“The time has come to bring that investigation and other investigations related to that matter to an end. One year of Watergate is enough!”