From her Wikipedia page:
- Anderson pioneered electronic music and invented several devices she has used in her recordings and performance art shows.
- In 1977, she created a tape-bow violin that uses recorded magnetic tape on the bow instead of horsehair and a magnetic tape head in the bridge.
- She created an eight-hour show called United States Live that was performed throughout the early 1980s. It was released as a truncated 5-record boxed set (later reissued on four CDs).
- Anderson met Lou Reed in 1992 and was married to him from 2008 until his death in 2013.
- In the late 1990s she developed a talking stick, a six-foot (1.8 m) long baton-like MIDI controller that can access and replicate sounds.
“O Superman” was part of the larger United States Live performance. It was a surprise hit in the United Kingdom and reached #2 on the UK Singles Chart in 1981. It later appeared on her 1982 debut album Big Science.