Think Of The Trauma

“Obviously, we all understand the importance of this presidential race. I would just ask everybody this: Can this country afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI? Think of the trauma that would do to this country.”

— Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), criticizing Hillary Clinton at a campaign rally on November 1, 2016.

One-Star Reviews for “A Day In The Life Of Marlon Bundo”


Last night, Last Week Tonight With John Oliver did a segment on Mike Pence. Much of it was not kind to the Vice President except when John Oliver complimented Pence on his cute pet bunny, Marlon Bundo.

Today, Pence’s family released a book called “Marlon Bundo’s Day in the Life of the Vice President”. Not to be outdone, John Oliver’s show released a book last night called “A Day In The LIfe Of Marlon Bundo”.

In Oliver’s book Marlon meets another boy bunny, and they fall in love and decide to get married. However, a stinky bug in power says they can’t get married, so the people unite and vote the bug out of office.

Oliver’s book is outselling Pence’s book, and it’s currently the best selling children’s book on Amazon. As of this writing, 97% of reviewers are giving it five out of five stars, and the other 3% are giving it one star. Here’s a sample of one-star ratings “A Day In The LIfe Of Marlon Bundo” has received:

The book can be purchased from Amazon or at All sales will benefit the LGBT advocacy organization The Trevor Project.

Dead Malls

Dead malls fascinate me. It’s incredible to see hubs of so much activity get abandoned and neglected as consumers move on to the next thing.

Here are a couple of photos of Union Station (better known as Shannon Mall) I took in March 2013. The mall was located in Union City, Georgia before being demolished in 2014 to make way for television & film production studios. I wish I’d taken more.

Wikipedia has a surprisingly great write-up of the mall’s history, the challenges it faced, and its ultimate demise.

The Dead Mall Series by YouTuber Dan Bell is great and explores interesting spaces around the country. Here are a few highlights:

More dead malls can be found at